Frequently Asked Questions
What time does Betances Health Center open?
Monday 9am – 7pm
Tuesday 9am – 5pm
Wednesday 10am – 5pm
Thursday 9am – 7pm
Friday 9am – 5pm
How do I make an appointment?
Call 212-227-8401 or visit the center.
Do you accept same day visits?
Yes, Betances Health Center accepts “walk-in” appointments until 3pm. After 3pm, all patients will be assessed for urgency and seen accordingly or scheduled for another day. Patients will be admitted on a first-come, first-served basis; however, patients with appointments are seen before walk-ins, unless urgent, which may result in longer wait times.
Can I choose which provider I want to see?
Yes, when making an appointment, please request the next available time with the provider you wish to see. Our staff will inform you if the provider you requested participates in your insurance plan. Keep in mind, appointment availability will vary based on provider.
What should I bring with me to register?
- Photo identification
- If you have insurance, your insurance card and any applicable co-payment
- If you do not have insurance, please bring proof of income (e.g. pay stubs or tax return) and proof of residence (e.g. lease, utility bills, other bills addressed to you) to qualify for our sliding fee scale.
To ensure the best possible continuity of care, please bring the following documents if you have them:
- A copy of your medical record
- A list of your current medications and your medication bottles, including prescription medications, over-the counter medications, herbal supplements, vitamin, and eye drops
- For children, a copy of their birth certificate and immunization record
What insurance do you accept?
If I do not have insurance, can Betances help me apply for public insurance programs (Medicare, Medicaid, Child Health Plus, Family Health Plus, ADAP)?
Yes, Betances patient services staff can assist qualified patients in applying for many public insurance programs.
How do I get there?
We are located at 280 Henry Street in Manhattan's Lower East Side. Click here to map the directions from your location.
By Subway: Take the F train to East Broadway
By Bus: Take the M22 to the corner of Madison Street and Gouverneur Street